These metal plates allow use of a typodont with oral cavity cover in the DARWIN manikin.
This set comes complete with upper and lower plates as well as longer screws for attachment. These plates are ideally made for the D95/D85 type Kilgore typodont models with articulator. We recommend oral cavity covers with black rubber strap be used, not those with metal grommets.
- Remove springs from DP articulator
- Remove screws for articulator
- Identify top and bottom plates - top plate has 2 alignment holes drilled into it
- Align lower plate to mandibular articulator and insert longer screws
- Tigthen screws
- Repeat process for upper plate and maxilliary articulator
- Reattach springs