- 100% Natural Cast
- Adult Size (180cm or 6' on stand)
- Handmade in Germany
- 4-part Skull with extractable single teeth and flap/opened jaw bone
- Knee detachable on left side, lower leg and foot removable on left side
- Radius and ulna with natural movement, allow natural rotating motion; radius and ulna can brought into crossed and parallel position
- Arms and legs attached with special U-brackets on left side, allow arm and leg to slide inside their joints mimicking internal and external rotation
- Soft imtermediate discs show natural deformation while flexing spine
- Flexible spinal column with spinal nerves and spinal artery
- Opened sacrum with bony flap
- Numbering of anatomical structures
- Painting and numbering of muscle origins (red) and muscle insertions (blue) on the left side (with legend)
- Flexible ligaments of shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, wrist and ankle
- 5-year warranty
- 5-leg base with sacral mount and dust cover included
Combining some of the most popular features into one model provides the greatest value and an invaluable resource for teaching, learning and demonstrating.
The Super Skeleton combines the advantages of a painted model, a flexible spine model and a ligamented model along with additional features.
The skeleton has a flexible spine and comes with spinal cord, nerve ends, spinal artery and herniated disc. It has the muscles painted (approx. 500 painted and labeled muscle origins in red colour and muscle insertions in blue colour, the muscles are numbered and the skeleton comes with a corrosponding reference key) on one side of the skeleton. On the right side of the skeleton it has flexible ligaments of shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, wrist and ankle. It features over 300 numbered anatomical details, bones, bony parts, sutures, fissures, formina on an additional reference key.
Drawing from the finest natural skeleton specimen available to cast, artists were not used to sculpt bones to mimic nature. Instead nature was cast to provide the most accurate reproduction. What you will find is the human anatomy that is perfectly captured by way of specialties that are unique to nature. For example the os coccygis comes with a deformity, the skull has an impacted third molar and a rare os interparietale between os occipitale and os parietale.
The skeleton shows all of the 206 - 214 bones of a normal male adult. Every 24 vertebrae, all 12 ribs of each side, every 26 bones of each foot and 27 bones of each hand are individual and single mounted.
Special U-brackets allow to the arm and leg to display internal and external rotation along with natural movement, as nature intended. The elbows show natural movement of the radius and ulna; while turning the hand, radius and ulna show bones in crossed and parallel position.
A natural cast skull is included capturing the finer details of the cranial anatomy. It is dissectable into 4 parts and features the full dentition. 31 of 32 individual teeth come with full roots and are removable. You may pull teeth out of the maxillae and mandible for individual demonstration and place them back in the socket. The mandible is removable and features a bony flap on one side which can be opened to show the nerve canal, bony structure, roots of teeth and an impacted third molar.
The model includes a 5-leg stand with casters and dust cover. The skeleton is approximately 180 cm / 6' tall when mounted on the stand. The weight is 11 kg / 24 lbs and the base has a radius of 60 cm / 24". Arms, legs and skull are removable and come dettached during transport.